COVID - 19 - Extension of the Social, Preventive and Mandatory Quarantine. Authorization of exceptions - Decree 493/2020
EXTENSION OF THE SOCIAL, PREVENTIVE AND MANDATORY QUARANTINE. AUTHORIZATION OF EXCEPTIONS – DECREE 493/2020
The validity of the Social, Preventive and Mandatory Quarantine established by Decree 297/2020 and all the complementary regulations was extended until June 7, inclusive.
The validity of Decree No. 459/2020 and all the complementary regulations was extended until June 7; in other words:
- exceptions in departments or districts of up to 500,000 inhabitants, exceptions in departments or districts of more than 500,000 inhabitants, except the Metropolitan Area of Buenos Aires (AMBA)
- general prohibitions throughout the country regarding face-to-face teaching at all levels and modalities, public and private events, shopping centers, cinemas, theaters, cultural centers, libraries, museums, restaurants, bars, gyms, clubs and any public or private space that involves the attendance of people.
- the use of public transport authorized to circulate will be reserved for people who must travel to carry out essential activities and services.
- workers over 60 years of age, pregnant women, people included in risk groups and those whose presence at home is essential for the care of children or adolescents, will be exempted from the duty of assistance to the workplace.
- the authorization to perform short recreational activities within 500 meters of their home for a maximum duration of 60 minutes, during the day and before 8:00 pm, observing a social distancing of at least 2 meters.
The validity of Decree No.274/2020 which establishes the prohibition to enter the national territory for foreigners who do not reside in the country, through ports, airports, international border crossing, border centers and any other access point was extended until June 7.